Friday, June 25, 2010

Business Trip to San Antonio, Texas

Warren had a conference in San Antonio for the business he works for. I took the opportunity to tag along with him. My sister watched the girls for me and Matt stayed at the neighbors since he needed to be at summerschool early each morning. We hopped on a plane and left the kids in good hands.

This is the resort we stayed at.



We had several guest speakers, including George W. Bush. Just kidding! It was an impersonator. He had us fooled for a minute.


Warren and I outside the ballroom before going in to the awards banquet.


Warren and I trying to look tough in our Mr. Rooter sunglasses that were given to us.


We went to the river walk and this stuffed lion was outside one of the many shops.


This giant oak was inside the Alamo.


Warren and I in front of the Alamo


Warren and I found the San Antonio temple.



Warren and I met up with Dee Gardner, a friend from high school, and he showed us around San Antonio. This is an unusual restaurant. You would probably never find a restaurant like this in California. California and its building codes!


Me and Dee posing with our Macho burgers from Chris Madrids. I split mine with Warren. They were huge!



Warren and Dee posing outside of Chris Madrids. Warren just bought these boots. Yes, I made him take them off after the picture. Serious fashion faux pas! People were honking and yelling while we were taking this pic!!

1 comment:

Dee Gardner - Management Heretic said...

Thanks for letting me drag you around San Antonio. It was great getting to know you. I am glad to see you are keeping Warren in-line.

I realized about a week later I still owe Warren some cookies.

I need to come out to Sacto soon. I'll plan to bring the cookies then. :)